Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bookmark for Mar 08 Round Robin

With the intention to come up with a floral bookmark for Victoria (Vicki) for the March International Round Robin, I did the orchid and tulip. But I wanted to give it another try and hit on the periwinkle flower while looking at our coins. Did a bit of history search, this is a brief info on the coins - Singapore’s 2nd (current) series of circulating coins bear the Flora theme featuring plants and flowers, aimed at enhancing the city’s image as a garden city. The $1 coin has a big periwinkle in the center, and surrounded by smaller ones.

Finally, here’s the completed bookmark I tatted for Vicki. Well, although I tatted with periwinkles in mind, I’m not sure if the flowers look sufficiently like periwinkles such that people can tell.

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a beautiful bookmark! Some day I hope to be able to tat designs that I think up, like you do. I guess I'd need to be able to think up a design first, which could be a problem!

Singtatter said...

Thanks! Well, it took me 9 years before I take the step forward. But then, I didn't have much time to tat with all the other commitments in life and there are no shortage of wonderful patterns out there. Just hope I can keep up with my own expectations - I'm thinking up of 3 animals now. Hope to finish at least 2 for April, one of which for the Apr Round Robin.

Tattycat said...

That periwinkle is outrageously beautiful! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous. I think you did a great job on the shape of the periwinkle flower. Very well done someone is very, very lucky, indeed, to get that bookmark.

Bonnie said...

Your bookmark is beautiful!

zarina said...

And the other things she has added in the package. She is one lucky girl.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the bookmark! They definitely look like periwinkles although I wouldn't care if they didn't - they're beautiful. I hope you are able to write up a pattern - I would love to try this one. I am new at tatting but having a great time!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.