Sunday, June 28, 2009

(Round 2 of the 25 Motif Challenge) Motif No. 3 - Fireworks on Paper Clip, More Paper Cuttings, Game and Drawings

I don't tat with wire often, but I'm trying to get the effect of fireworks, and so here's the result of combining wire with sequins. This fireworks paper clip is on Georgia Seitz's Online Tatting Class, you can get the pattern by clicking the link here.

These ATCs featured my Chinese-style paper cuttings, which I did with both penknife and scissors and acid-free 80 gm paper. They are relatively simple ones if you have seen those that I bought (in my last post).
This is the end of the school holidays, and the children are going back to school tomorrow. My DH bought a new TV for my parent's place, it was delivered a few days last week. When I went home that night the TV was delivered, the box housing the TV set had already transformed to this:


The Pinball Game, the brainchild of my boy, Ivan, with the help of his 2 sisters.
The marbles would roll down different paths and into the tunnel at the bottom to be collected with a tray! Do you call this recycling of scrap materials !?!

The children were drawing too in the holidays. I'm so amused by Ivan's ones.
This was done with marker pens, while the next one was done with pencil.
Joey did this for her school project with her classmate-cum-best friend, in mixed medium (poster colours and crayons).

This was done by Joey and Kristine together with marker pens.

And this last one by Kristine in marker pens. A bit messy, but very cute. I'm no expert in drawing but I think, she filled up the whole paper quite well, and good mix of colours too.

5 comments:

Tatskool said...

The pinball game is brilliant and I loved seeing all their drawings as well as your work. Those children have one very talented mother and they are showing the skills they have learned from you.

It is wonderful when your children can achieve their potential and you know that you played a part in that.

TatForFun said...

It'ds always fun to see your children's drawing. They're very creative and so lucky to have you as a very supported mother ^_^

Knotty Bicsie said...

Wow! Brilliant Pinball game indeed! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

Ellen, your ATC's are beautiful and they sure do not look simple to me. It is so nice to see that your children use there imaginations to come up with activities to do. Very creative to think to build a pinball machine and the artwork is great.

The Heart of Paul said...

'Simple' paper cutting you say?? Those flowers are amazing!! So are your kids' work by the way :P