Sunday, November 1, 2009

HDT, Cute Brooch and Knotty Bicsie's Tea Party

The school exams are almost over, well, almost! My boy has finished his PSLE 2 weeks plus ago, and this week, we are done with the DSA selection finally. Now to wait for the PSLE and school selection results. My P1 girl finished her exams on Fri, and the P4 girl will finish hers on Tue. In Singapore, school exams are stressing not only for the students, but parents too!

Didn't have time to take photos and post about these earlier. Zarina has generously gave away her HDT to a number of people and and I'm one of the lucky recipents. This particular colourway is named "By The Seaside". Thank you, Zarina!


Next, I was very, very lucky to win this porcupine/hedgehog brooch from edwardandlilly (there was about 150 entries)! This little critter was hand-stitched on black hemp canvas and about 3.5 cm in diameter. I like this button brooch for its simplicity, and it looks like there is no metal part except the brooch pin, which may be re-sewn on with a new pin, so there shouldn't be any rusting problem which I have with normal button brooches! Thank you, Rebecca!


For yesterday KBCC, Betsy organised a Knotty Tea Party "Handmade-A-Fair", in celebration of Knotty Bicsie's 3rd anniversay. Betsy invited a few crafty friends to set up stalls in her cosy home-cum-workshop place as part of the party. A great turnout and everything went smoothly! I put up some of my tatted laces for sale, and it generated some awareness and interest in tatting. I'm proud to be able to do a part promoting tatting! An eye-opener for me too, seeing all the wonderful works from Betsy herself, another crochet-guru, Jullie, and quilted works of Suzanne, amongst others. Congratulations, Betsy, and Happy Anniversay!


Going back to make sure my girl is doing her revision!

5 comments:

Jullie Teo said...

Love your works, Ellen... :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Ellen! I hope you enjoy tatting with Zarina's "By The Seaside"! It's quite pretty. It's such an unusual colorway and I really thought it tatted up very nicely!

Your other goodies look like fun, too!

The event you friend hosted sounds like a fun one! It sounds like something I would like to do! Thank you for spreading the tatting ♥LoVe♥!!

Knotty Bicsie said...

Glad u & Ivan had fun, Ellen! Wow! u are so efficient in posting up ur blog! ytday i was still teaching the whole day, so no blog post yet :(

Thanx for sharing your beautiful tatting works! U surely had empowered many people who have never heard about tatting before! Well done, Gal! ;)

Betsy :)

Fox said...

Ellen, That thread is yummy!

Great that you are promoting our passion!
Fox : )