Thursday, April 22, 2010

Flowers Attract!

This is the 2nd set of fabric flower brooches I sewed for Catherine, now my ex-colleague:


And more I completed subsequently ...


Now, time for some crocheted flowers! Definitely more are starting to bloom.


[It has been really a long time I have not taken out my crochet hooks.
Luckily they dont' rust like felting needles!]


Well, all the flowers attracted this beautiful purple butterfly!

[Fabric ATC from Lisa in USA, swopped for my crocheted angel ATC. ]


I'm quite excited to be catching the theatre show, Animal Farm, this weekend with my children.
I have read the book in my secondary school days, and have since forgotten half the story, but who can forget the famous line -

“All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others."


A “Made in Singapore” production by the Singaporean theatre company, W!LD RICE (ok, that's my favourite theatre company) and directed by Ivan Heng (my favourite director!) , the animals are created not by fancy costumes but by the human body - innovative design combine with live and original music - well these are in the advertisement, I will judge for myself come this weekend!

2 comments:

Momo said...

I enjoyed the similar staging of Animal Farm when it was first done. I am sure you will too.

Saw in the papers today, that next year, Ivan is going to play Emily of Emerald Hill.

Singtatter said...

Well, Moses, I'm impressed with the creativity of the script and loved the effects put together. But guess I prefer muscial to theatre. Love their pantomimes best. I'll definitely not miss the Cinderel-lah this year end!