Saturday, July 13, 2013

ATC @ Bishan Library Jul 2013

With Moses away in Bandung, I took over the co-ordination of the ATC sessions in Bishan Library.  Hope our regulars and new-comers will give all the support to continue our monthly get-together!

For July, Mdm Au, our quilling guru, invited her friends, Victor, Souw Ngo, Catherine and Susan, to show us some recycling crafts with plastics.  After a lot of cutting and some struggling, it was so magical the moment the plastic drink bottles transformed into pretty containers.  And plastic carrier bags were similarly turned into awesome flowers!

It was a bit disappointing though that only a few managed to draw the ATCs using the intuitive watercolour technique.  I came up with 6 .... 

and another unfinished one which Pei Ling loves so much that she wanted it as it was - unfinished!






Here are the first bottle (1.5 l) I did at the library and a second one (500 ml) I did back at home.  Also in the photo are the intuitive watercolour ATC "One Lonely Fish" I traded with Melissa, and a tape transfer piece "Safari" I traded with Pei Ling.  



We'll take a break in Aug (due to public holidays) and meet again on 12 Sep (Thu), 6.30 pm.  Theme: Colour Wheel.  Have fun creating anything based on the colour wheel! 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Those bottle-vases are wonderful!! You are all so creative, and I hope the sessions will continue to be very popular under your guidance.

Madtatter80 said...

love art and trading cards great Idea, watercolor is one of my favorites too!