Saturday, July 12, 2014

June and July ATC Session... Postcard and Tags

To prepare for June ATC session in Bishan Library, I did some research into the background of iris folding and shared with participants, all first time trying their hands on this paper craft technique.  The chosen pattern was a bit tough to work in ATC size in the limited time, but several completed them. 
I did my "Holidays" ATCs in iris folding - Holiday Cruise and Holiday at the Beach.
Swapped 1 for Hiang's marker pen drawn Holiday ATC.



Chin Yean introduced pop art to our participants in the July ATC session, we sure had a colourful time!


I made more of my Gemican people (dolls composing of gems from brochures).  Swapped 2 ATCs for Selina's iris folding tree with an inchie bird and Jessica's under the sea with a fish inchie. 




I haven't show this delightful piece of work - Marion Bockelmann's (Germany) lovely postcard which I won in her Our World Our Art blog giveaway (Apr 2014).  Marion did it with collage and sanding technique. My postcard collection is slowly growing! 

Over at Paper Traders group, I participated in another interesting swap - Mother Nature Tag Flag Book. We swapped 8 tags and stored them in our own book. Here's the tags I did and the book I made containing all the tags returned.






From left to right:
top row: (1) Tag by Pam Colosimo, (2) Study Nature, Love Nature by joarty1, (3) Bird House by Shelly Recicar, (4) butterfly by Connie Holso.  
bottom row: (5) Dragonfly by Pam Prosser, (6) Bloom Where You Are Planted by Beckie Holso, (7) GHIJKL by Cathee Stegall, (8) Nature garden by Nancy.







4 comments:

Maureen said...

The detail in these cards is so impressive - they are little works of art, all of them!

GraceT said...

Thanks for hosting the ATC session at Bishan Library. I had a lot of fun!

Singtatter said...

Yes, Maureen, that's why we love making them!

Singtatter said...

Looking forward to seeing you, Grace, in our sessions!