Sunday, September 27, 2015

Some New and Older Works

Tatted a new ginko leaf, but does it looks like one?

The light bulb design looks cute, I tried to do 1 myself and thought some tatted flowers would add some interest.

I have problem drawing realistically and on the other end, doing abstract. These are some attempts on 4"x6" cards.
These 3 are done with alcohol ink marbling for the base colours, topped with spreading distress ink using baby wipe, accented with dimensional pearl paints and coloured glues. Titles: (From left to right) Junctions, Receiving, Want to Dance.

Another attempt.  Again, I used alcohol ink with water for a marbling effect as the base, added some fabric scraps, used coloured glue sticks and textured paste (DecoArt Paper Perfect).  Titles: (From left to right) Unveiling, Possibilities, Shimmering.

Although I am quite pleased with all these, I don't think they qualify to be called abstract art, do they?

Kristine did the polymer clay charms all on her own, including those for Teachers' Day presents. Baymax of Big Hero 6 is about 3 cm tall.


Found more of Kristine's drawings.

After so many failed attempts on her own ...
I decided to accompany her to a class, ...
and finally, some decent macarons baked by Kristine!  Italian method does work better than French method.
 

No comments: